<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 22, 2007

First trip up the mountain 

We were lucky with the weather as the forecast all week had been dodgy. It took me one run to get back my ski legs where as Joe was away laughing from the word go. He's in his element up there!

I realised I needed to keep working on my technique and to do this have to go a bit backward to go forward.....if you know what I mean :) I was getting faster but that also meant I was falling harder...ouch. Feeling pretty achy now.

The snow was pretty good but they need more snow storms to get better coverage so some of the other trails can open. The lower trail did have some exposed rocks.

I managed to do a run from the very top to the very bottom with Joe and got to enjoy the luxury of the new six-seater chairlift complete with padded seats and foot rests. Fab!

We also enjoyed two dinners out. The first was to The Cypress Tree (italian) and the second to Altitude 21 which had a cool (but cosy) atmosphere and yummy food.

Here are a few pics: Turoa - July 07


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?