<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 13, 2005

South America Trip - Day 27 - Cuzco 

Lou and I visited two museums today. Another Inca one and a popular arts one. The Inca museum had more of the same exhibits as the one yesterday. The deformed skulls were intriguing. A babies head was bound to elongate the back of the skull into a cone shape. This was to indicate nobility. Other skulls had large holes where they had been operated on to cure battle injuries. It is amazing that people survived these very invasive operations.

In the afternoon Lou went back to the hostel for another rest and I had another go at exploring. This time I was more successful. I found busy streets where the locals shop. Most of the tiny stores were full to the ceiling with clothing or shoes. I also found a large market with butchers, fruiterers, tailors and food stalls. I took some interesting pictures which will at some stage make it onto our photo gallery (probably not until we get home).


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?