<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

South America Trip - Day 7 - Foz do IguaƧu to Rio de Janeiro 

Our flight to Rio was in the afternoon so we spent a relaxed morning at the hotel lounging around and reading. Mum and I went for a walk around the hotel. The hotel is located in the suburbs of Foz do Iguacu so the area was residential. There was a mix of houses some were qutie run down and others were immaculate, all had high fences for security. It seems that each house is responsible for the footpath outside their property. Some had old, broken concrete some had shiny ceramic tiles and most had no path outside at all. The road was also a patchwork, some sealed some large cobble stones and some dirt. Some houses had baskets up on stands outside their houses to put their rubbish in. This is to prevent the local rodents from ripping open the bags.

Luiz and his father, Jose, met us at the airport in Rio. They have a lovely apartment in the northern part of the city. Luiz has kindly given up his room for us to sleep in. For dinner we went to a restaurant on the harbour called Pocasco (or something) which means fat pig. It was a buffet restaurant but they had the most delicous sushi and sashimi I have ever had. There was a wide seafood selection which we were thankful for. Being my birthday I had Hoia de Dia "It's your day" ballons. I suspected they may bring out a cake or something but I was not prepared when the waiters snuck up behind me, placed a cake in front of me and burst into a rousing chorus of happy birthday right behind me! As suddenly as they arrived they grabbed the cake and were off it surprise another person across the room. I was too full for dessert anyway.


Comments:
Feliz compleanos para mi tambein! Lo Siento esta tarde, pero major tarde que nada! Si? Comprendes?

desde tu hermana

con amor
Rose.
P.s. puedes escribir un 'blog' en espanol, por favor? No comprendo ingles. :)
 
Happy Birthday Uncle Joseph-in-common-law!
Lots of hugs and missing you guys being able to change my nappy! Ma and Pa send their greetings too.
Josie x0x
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?