<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Settling back into London routine 

I’m sure that title has whipped you up into a frenzy of anticipation….Not! Nothing particularly exciting has happened since we got back from Chamonix. We’ve settled back into the work routine and are enjoying catching up with friends after the Christmas break.

Dinner with Raewyn
This Wednesday we caught up with Raewyn, Pam, Brian, Rae and Steve at an Italian restaurant called ‘Carluccios’. It was a lovely evening. Raewyn and I were trying to figure out when we last saw each other. The exact figure eluded us but we agreed that it was a long time! She had been enjoying the London New Year sales. I was a little jealous as I have resisted my natural urge to hit the sales… so far. I’m not sure how long I can hold out for though (o: I have to keep reminding myself of the travel pleasures I’m saving up for.

Travel plans
Speaking of travel…. Joy, Joseph and I have started preliminary planning for our trip to South America, plus I’ve already booked our flights to Venice and Amsterdam. Fantastic!

Apple store
Joseph and I spent some time drooling in the new Apple computer flagship store on Regent Street on Saturday. The machines and accessories sure are very pretty. But it’s not practical for us to buy any of them at the moment. We just hung out there amongst the trendy design types making like we were hip and happening (o: The store is two levels. On the ground level all the goodies are on display for you to play around with. Lots of people were surfing and checking their email. Joseph managed to set up the video chat functionality between the two ibooks we were on which was fun. There were also some crazy looking speakers for the ipods. One looked like a jelly fish another like some sort of space age machine. The next level has the ‘Genius Bar’ where you can go to pick the brains of Apple experts. There is also a large seminar area. Very cool.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?