<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 08, 2004

Hi all, I have had a busy week. So get comfy.

New Job

As I said in my last entry I have a new job. It has been an interesting week. On Tuesday I went to a presentation for a potential new content management system, which costs £40 K (and that is a cheap one).

On Thursday the marketing team (which I am in) went for an “away day”. We went to Winchester, right beside Windsor for 2 days. As we arrived in the train we had a good view of the castle, looks very impressive, Lou and I will have to go back for a tour. The train-station is directly across the road from the castle.

Belmont House, where we stayed, is very flash. It used to be a school but was refurbished in September last year to be a hotel and conference centre. Lots of high ceilings, plush carpets and classy furniture.

Most of the stuff covered was marketing related which I don’t know much about. However it was an excellent opportunity to get to know my workmates and what they do. They are all very friendly and included me, even if I wasn’t much help.

Break-dancing World Championships

Yesterday Lou was flicking through a magazine and saw that the Break-dancing World Champs were on that night at Wembley Arena, a mere 4 stops up the tube line. We made a crack decision to go. I am very glad we did. There were entrants from North America, Europe and Asia. The calibre was very high, a lot of the moves involved complex athletic moves, most done on one hand!

The competition involved two teams of two competing at a time. They had 2 minutes to impress the judges and the crowd. In the early rounds one from each team would perform at the same time. In the later rounds it was one at a time and 4 minute rounds. The crowed really got excited when you could see the teams getting competitive and “in each other’s faces”, this would encourage them to do ever more complex moves.

The event was hosted by LL Cool J (former rapper now Hollywood movie star). As well as the breaking there were several bands including, De La Soul, Jungle Brothers and Slick Rick (do you know him Jasper?). Slick Rick was rather over the top. He wore a white suit, blue fur coat, diamond encrusted rings and eye patch and gold teeth! Half way through his performance a woman brought out several large gold chains and medallions, which he donned and proclaimed, “can I hear a bling, bling!”.

My MP3 Player

My MP3 player, which I ordered before Christmas and through a sordid affair took much longer than expected to come, has arrived. It is an iRiver iHP-120 hard drive based player. It can store 2 weeks worth of music and has 16 hours of battery life. How much did it cost? I ain’t gonna tell ya. I am now in the process of transferring all the music I have onto it. If you want to see what it looks like check it out here.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?