<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 24, 2004

Hi all, big news .... I have a new job!

Thanks to Tash, my old work mate from Ace, I am the new Web Assistant at Jardine Lloyd Thompson. They have two main areas, employment benefits and insurance. I will be working with Tash on their Intranet and Internet sites. I must say a big Thank You to her for her help in getting me this role. I will finish up at Islington Council next Friday and start at JLT on the Monday (no rest for the traveler needing cash).

Last night we went to dinner with my very nice Islington boss, Joe (he is Joe I am Joseph in the office). It was nice for Lou and him to finally meet. He has a flat in Brighton and has invited us to visit in the summer.

Lou has been a star organising a trip for us to Spain at Easter. We will visit fly to Barcelona then train to Seville to stay for 4 days. Then train back to Barcelona and stay for another 4 days. It will be very busy as a lot of people take time off over this period and they will be holding Easter festivities in both cities. Usually Lou plans the trips and I plan the activities when we get there (yes I am slack).

I am starting a fund for Lou's bail. Next week we are going to get our NI (National Insurance Numbers). Lou has been working under a limited company and so pays less tax. This is perfectly OK if you fit the criteria, however Lou is not necessarily the perfect fit. So send your donations please! She should be fine but I am sure the donations will go to good use.

Tom, my friend in Dunedin doing a Masters in Computer Science, has kindly offered to host our pictures on his web server. So hopefully you will be able to see our travel snaps there soon. Thanks Tom!


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?