<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 04, 2003

On Friday we met up with my friend Jo Granville. It was great to catch up and we now have an excellent guide to the London party scene...when we can muster up the energy to get out for a boogy!

On Saturday we met up with Laurence, Colleen and Gordon. We went to Notting Hill and walked through Portabello Market. It was very busy and we found it hard to find a restaurant or cafe with room to spare. Colleen found London warmer than Toronto.

Steve's friends from Germany, complete with cute baby boy, visited on the weekend. We went to the British Museum and had a nice pub lunch...Yorkshire pud and all. I only got around one and a half sections of the British Museum, it definately warrants many repeat visits. The Mummies were cool and I enjoyed reading about the rich history of the Middle East and Egypt. You certainly are more aware of and hungry for information on the different parts of the world when you are travelling. I'm the sort of person who needs to be near or in a place before I become interested in it's history and analyse where it fits in the grand scheme of things. We walked from the museum to Covent Garden where there was a Christmas foody market on. There was a lot of lovely organic foods eg: breads, meats and cheeses. We enjoyed wandering around, eating the samples and sniffing the delicious aromas.

I think Monday was pretty boring but we did cook a lovely meal for Rachel and Steve....if I don't say so myself (o:

Today I was supposed to go to an agency interview in Richmond. Unfortunately I didn't make it because there was a fault on the tracks to Richmond. I played musical trains for a while before calling the agency to re book. Lucky I wasn't going to a job interview! Another lucky thing was that I left my passport on Friday at a photocopy shop and it was still there when I went to check this morning. Whew!! It would not be fun going through the palavar of getting a new passport and visa.

We also met Luke, a friend from MfE, this afternoon to catch up and go to the movie 'Kill Bill'. Luke was well and the movie was great! I'm looking forward to the sequel. Talking of sequels, I'm not sure if Joseph and I will bother going to 'Matrix Revolutions'. If you guys see it soon let us know what you think. Of course we can't wait until 'The Return of the King' comes out.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?