<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Wow, London is very overwhelming. I'm seeing everything with fresh eyes even though I've lived here before. It's definately going to take time to get used to it again.

There is so much to do here but we have been devoting our time to job hunting activities. Oh joy...NOT!

I won't really feel that I belong here until I get a job. On Monday we both had agency interviews and on Tuesday and today we've been calling others to suss out the market and hopefully get further interviews. It can be very disheartening...I was ready to give up on Tuesday (that's just me being a drama queen!). Hassle agencies, visit job web sites, read job sections of newspapers and utilise networks....that's our job hunting strategy at the moment. We'd appreciate any job hunting tips or any contacts (preferably with high paying jobs perfect for us (o: ) you might have in London!

We are going to apply for the types of jobs we want first but also look for reception and data entry roles....anything really...well maybe not anything. Today in Leicester Square we saw people whose job was to stand in the square with signs pointing to the theatre ticket booths. I don't think we are quite that desperate yet! The good thing is that we have a lovely place to stay and savings.

It's Joseph's birthday on Friday so we are going to take a break from the job hunting and do some sightseeing and then go out to dinner.

We did manage to do some sight seeing today. We picked up our bank account stuff from HSBC and then walked through to Piccadily Circus, Leicester Square and Covent Garden. I got all nostalgic when we saw the Royal Opera House. I went into the ticket office area and checked out the photos of the dancers from the Royal Ballet Company. A few of the people in my year are doing really well. The life that could have been eh.....not the life for me though (o: I will look forward to seeing a ballet at the revamped Opera House though. The Royal Ballet School is now right next to the Opera House.

Tomorrow Joseph is going to see if we can get standing tickets to Bill Bailey in the West End. On Saturday we are going to Pam and Brian's for dinner and on Sunday we may be going to cousin Antony's for dinner. A busy weekend social schedule (o:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?