<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 26, 2003

Well, it's the weekend of mega eating!

On Friday (Joseph's birthday) we had a lovely dinner with Rae and Steve at a restaurant called "Small and Beautiful". On Saturday we went to Pam (my cousin) and Brian's for dinner. And tonight we are going to dinner at my Mum's cousin Antony's.

We both really enjoyed the Tate Modern. I thought that the building would be modern as well so I was a bit disappointed when we got there. The building is actually a converted Powerstation. It is huge. The first piece you see is in a huge rectangular hall. On one side there is a lighted orange semi circle. This is reflected in a huge mirror that covers the whole ceiling so it looks like the sun. The whole hall is misty as well. Lots of people where lying down and looking up at themselves in the ceiling mirror.

We enjoyed seeing works by Monet, Renoir, Dali, Picasso etc plus I enjoyed the work of a couple of German artists who I haven't heard of but where very interesting and prolific. Don't ask me their names. I should have been taking notes!

On Saturday we visited Kew Gardens. The trees were in their Autumn splendour. We enjoyed going into the hot houses which kind of simulated the tropical climate we experienced in South East Asia. We also went on a guided walk with a women who told stories and sang along the way.

Our dinner with Pam and Brian was great. Of course no meeting with Brian is complete with out good wine and beer! It was great to catch up and their house is looking great.

Joseph bought a soccer ball the other day so I think we'll go out for a bit of a kick around before the next meal!!


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?