<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 30, 2003

Hi everyone haven't written in a while so here goes.

This week we have continued our search for jobs. On Monday night we went to dinner with Lou's sisters nephew Laurence at Speedy Noodles (cheap and cheerful). He is about to head back to NZ for 3 months. His parents have been in Canada visiting relatives and, to Laurence's surprise, arrived in London to visit him yesterday.

On Tuesday I received a phone call from an agency informing me that I had a 1/2 day of work teaching Excel the next day. I had to rush down to the agency to register that afternoon. The next day didn't start off so well. I was supposed to go to Lotus Supertravel but I was given the directions to Lotus Conferences. Luckily the lady there knew where Supertravel was and gave me directions. Luckily it was only 10 minutes walk away. It turned out not to be teaching but building some spreadsheets for them(which didn't bother me, I am sick of teaching). I started at 9:30 and didn't finnish until 6:30! Still money in the bank and I now have London experience.

Today is our anniversary. Lou and I started going out 4 years ago today. Lou wanted to go on the Millennium wheel (now called the London Eye). We forgot it was school holidays here and the queues were massive. The weather was packing in anyway so we went over the Thames to Westminster, a very impressive building and so was Big Ben. We went on to Westminster Abbey and decided to take a look. It is full of tombs for Kings, Queens and 'Nobel' men and women, some of the rooms seemed over-crowded with them. The ceilings and stained glass windows were very impressive. Tonight we are going to a local India restaurant for dinner.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?